The Wild Unknown Spread is for those of us who like to delve into the underlying dynamics of a situation. Not for the faint of heart, the card that appears in “the wild unknown” position shows us something seldom recognized, seldom talked about, or that has been forgotten. It could be a call to return to creativity or truth. It could be a sign that there’s envy or greed contributing to the situation. This is a great reading to do when there’s a big question at hand or when life has you perplexed.
- Past A dynamic from the past still influencing the current situation.
- Resilience An ability or strength you’ve acquired that must be remembered and relied on.
- Present The current situation. This card can also represent the current “self”.
- Challenge A challenge or complication that will require new growth to overcome.
- Future The likely outcome.
- The Wild Unknown A forgotten or underlying force contributing to the current situation. Think of this as a “wild card”, it has a strong effect on the outcome, yet remains unseen by most.
The Five Element Spread is an advanced reading that requires a bit of preparation… but is well worth the effort. Create the “star” with twigs, flower stems, or simply draw it on large piece of paper. Then separate your Animal Spirit deck into five stacks, according to the elements portrayed by the symbols on the top of the cards; Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Spirit. Shuffle each small stack thoroughly until it feels “right” to stop. Flip the top card over and place it in the corresponding position depicted above. If there is a particular element that is weaker or more imbalanced than the others, focus on that area of your body during asana or meditation, or explore it while journaling. Remember, the elements are in us and around us, they can be felt and experienced at every moment. They are not abstract. If your Air element card turns up less than ideal… connect to it instantly via the breath. Return to this reading again and again, its wisdom is infinite.
- Earth Element The Earth card represents your “foundation”, or sense of stability with finances, work, family, and home.
- Water Element The Water card represents your emotional world and the health of relationships, as well as the flow of creativity.
- Fire Element The Fire card represents aspects of your ego; confidence, sense of self, and your willingness to grow and transform.
- Air Element The Air card indicates your current relationship to movement, change, travel, and inspiration.
- Spirit Element The Spirit card represents your relationship to the infinite and Spirituality.
Show us your 5 element spreads! #TWUspreads
P.S. This spread can be adapted to the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck as well. Simply divide the deck into suits and follow the directions accordingly (pentacles = earth, cups = water, wands = fire, swords = air, major arcana = spirit).
The time has come. Introducing The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck: 63 cards filled with powerful animal archetypes from realms both natural and mystical.
Structured by the five yogic elements that make up all living things — Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether — here you’ll find creatures that roam the field and forest, swim in the oceans and rivers, inhabit deserts and grasslands and soar through the sky. The Ether suit holds the seven spirit cards, and represent the seven chakras of the subtle body.
The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck and Guidebook is available now. Pull a card a day or dive deeper with a more complex spread. Add the cards to your tarot practice to bring clarity and nuance to your readings. Use the deck for self-reflection, as an oracle, for inspiration.
The natural world beckons our attention and reflection with a voice more powerful than ever — and our need for its deep and grounded wisdom has never been stronger.
Re-awaken the magic. Invite the wilderness in. Welcome to The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit!